ISO 27001, the information security standard
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (ISO 27001) is the international standard that describes best practice for an ISMS (information security management system). Achieving accredited certification to ISO 27001 demonstrates that your organisation is following international information security best practices.
A copy of the official ISO 27001 standard can be purchased here >>
For advice and guidance about ISO 27001 contact our team of experts today.
Get started with ISO 27001
What is an ISMS?
An ISMS is a system of processes that helps to establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve an organisation's information security to achieve business objectives.
An ISO 27001-aligned ISMS helps you manage all your security practices (both electronic and physical) coherently, consistently and cost-effectively.
Find out how to implement an ISMS >>
Why has implementing ISO 27001 in Asia-Pacific become essential?
Cyber crime is on the increase. The IBM 2017 Cost of Data Breach Study found that the average data breach costs $3.62 million.
It is therefore imperative that Asia-Pacific organisations have strategies in place to protect themselves from this growing threat.
Implementing an ISO 27001 ISMS will help to improve information security practices and protect their information assets.
ISO 27001 certifications in East Asia and Pacific have already grown rapidly, reaching almost 15,000 – the highest number worldwide – in 2017 (ISO Survey). Below is the percentage increase of achieved certificates in the last five years.
Advantages of ISO 27001 certification
Avoid the financial penalties and losses associated with data breaches.
Meet legal requirements
Comply with increasingly rigid regulatory requirements like the technical and operational elements contained in the GDPR.
Learn more about the advantages of ISO 27001 certification >>
Win new business
Meet strict client demands for greater data security.
Protect your reputation
Demonstrate that you have taken the necessary steps to protect your business.
How to implement an ISMS
Implementing an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS will include the following key elements:
- Get board commitment and secure a budget
- Review and implement the required controls
- Develop internal competence
- Develop management system documentation
- Identify interested parties, and legal, regulatory and contractual requirements
- Conduct staff awareness training
- Scope the project
- Measure, monitor, review and audit the ISMS
- Conduct a risk assessment
- Get certified
Discover our ISO 27001 implementation checklist and solutions >>
How IT Governance can help organisations in Asia-Pacific
We understand that every organisation is different, so we can support you with ISO 27001 implementation through our variety of resources.
These ISO 27001 resources will give you more information about the ISO 27001 standard and the benefits of achieving certification, as well as guide you on the implementation of an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS.
Download free information on ISO 27001
Shop our full range of ISO 27001 products and services
Why choose us?
- IT Governance has more than 15 years’ experience supporting organisations with the implementation of the ISO 27001 standard.
- We can help smaller organisations achieve accreditation in just three months.
We specifically offer:
- Compliance tools, packaged solutions and online training courses designed to suit your organisations requirements;
- Consultancy to help your organisation achieve success; and
- A pricing structure that meets your company’s needs with no hidden costs.
Let’s get started on your ISO 27001 project
Whatever the nature or size of your problem, we are here to help.
For more advice or guidance on implementing ISO 27001, please contact our team below.