What is COBIT?
COBIT® is a globally recognised IT governance framework, developed by ISACA®, which helps organisations meet business challenges in the areas of regulatory compliance, risk management and aligning IT strategy with organisational goals. COBIT 5, the latest iteration of the framework, was released in 2012.
COBIT 5 summarised
COBIT 5 is based on five principles that are essential for the effective management and governance of enterprise IT:
- Principle 1: Meeting stakeholder needs
- Principle 2: Covering the enterprise end to end
- Principle 3: Applying a single integrated framework
- Principle 4: Enabling a holistic approach
- Principle 5: Separating governance from management
These five principles enable an organisation to build a holistic framework for the governance and management of IT that is built on seven ‘enablers’:
- People, policies and frameworks
- Organisational structures
- Culture, ethics and behaviour
- Services, infrastructure and applications
- People, skills and competencies
Together, the principles and enablers allow an organisation to align its IT investments with its objectives to realise the value of those investments.
Benefits of COBIT
The COBIT 5 framework can help organisations of all sizes to:
- Improve and maintain high-quality information to support business decisions;
- Use IT effectively to achieve business goals;
- Use technology to promote operational excellence;
- Ensure IT risk is managed effectively;
- Ensure organisations realise the value of their investments in IT; and
- Achieve compliance with laws, regulations and contractual agreements.
Discover our range of bestselling COBIT products and services
IT Governance offers a range of books and toolkits relating to all areas of IT governance, risk and compliance.
IT Governance Control Framework Implementation Toolkit
- The IT Governance Control Framework Implementation Toolkit has been designed to simplify the complex process of COBIT implementation. It provides documentation templates that cover all 37 of the COBIT processes and ready-to-use policies and procedures that will save you time and money when implementing COBIT.
The COBIT 5 Publication Suite
Speak to an expert
Whatever the nature or size of your problem, we are here to help. Get in touch today using one of the contact methods below.